Technical Operations Apprentice
Icon Films is an independent production company with a range of in-house filming and edit facilities. The Technical Operations apprentice will assist with day to day support tasks and projects relating to the IT infrastructure, edit suites, shared storage and archive.
The Technical Operations Apprentice will work closely with both the IT and Post-Production teams.
- Assisting with the technical support of all IT systems, servers, networks and hardware
- Understanding and implementing a backup and archive schedule
- Researching and purchasing hardware, software and consumables
- Setting up AV kit, laptops, screenings and meeting room prep
And assist the Post-Production team in the following areas:
- Setting up, maintaining and tidying edit suites and edit equipment
- Providing tech support for Premiere and Avid edits
- Organising, transcoding and archiving rushes
- Researching, testing and implementing new broadcast technology
- Assisting production, development and commercial teams as and when required on shoots or in the edit.
For more details and to apply, please visit the government apprenticeship portal at https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/-154644.
Development Executive, London based (as part of Icon Films’ expansion)
Initial 6 month full time contract
Icon Films is looking for an experienced Development Executive with a track record of developing formats and returnable series.
This position has been created to work alongside Icon’s Heads of Factual and Popular Factual to secure commissions with UK terrestrial channels, both daytime and peak.
The successful candidate will be known within the UK TV industry as a successful developer with proven commissioning success. You will have the ability to pick up projects with traction/strong channel interest and work closely with the commissioner and the creative head. You’ll take ideas from development, through to the pitch and on to a successful commission
Duties will include:
- Develop, create and pitch targeted ideas for the UK terrestrial market
- To diversify and increase commissioner relationships
- To create distinctive development materials that result in commissions
- Spend at least 1 day per week in the Bristol office working with the wider Icon team
- Produce/feed into taster tapes
- Pitch alongside Icon Films’ Creative Heads
Essential skills/experience and qualities:
- Proven track record of developing UK ideas resulting in commission
- Direct experience of factual programme making
- Passion for, and understanding of, the factual output of UK broadcasters, the major hits and latest trends
- Ability to develop factual content in a timely manner
- Good editorial judgement
If you feel you match all the above and still have more to offer, please apply by sending your CV with a covering letter, indicating why you feel you are the best candidate for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is end of business on the 1st September 2017.
Due to the high number of applications we receive if you have not heard from us by the 15th September 2017 please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Icon Films is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity
We're on the hunt for 4-6 Offline Editors for our latest 6x60 commission for Travel Channel.
- Must have worked on presenter-led Factual Entertainment series for American broadcaster
- Capable of working to tight deadlines
Edit platform TBC, though please advise proficiency on Avid and/or Premier on application.
Must be Bristol-based for the duration of the contract.
Contract length: 7 weeks (with one down week)
Varying start dates: early October, end October, Late November
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Deadline: 21st August 2017