Icon Films’ Privacy Notice
We are committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will tell you how we look after your data when you visit our website, get in touch with us via email, post or telephone or when you are participant or contributor in a programme we have produced.
This privacy notice supplements rather than replaces any other privacy information we provide to you. It will be updated whenever our processes or regulations change. We encourage you to review it from time to time.
The last update was 23rd November 2021.
Our contact details
Address: Icon Films, 3rd Floor, College House, 32-36 College Green, Bristol, BS1 5SP
Phone Number: 0117 910 2030
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Identifying data such as name, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact details such as email address, postal address or telephone number.
- Identification documents such as passport or driving license details.
- Your employment history as part of a job application.
- Photos, video and audio recordings of you when appearing in one of our programmes
- Special category data such as race, ethnicity, religious beliefs or sexual orientation as part of our diversity monitoring programme.
- Technical data about your browser or browsing history.
How we get the personal information
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- You contact us via email, phone, post or in person and give us your contact details.
- You formally apply for a job or send your CV in speculatively.
- When you consent to appear in a programme we have produced as a participant or contributor.
- When you enter into a contract to supply us with a product or service.
- Your browser may provide information about your browsing history or technical. specifications of your device in the form of cookies. You can opt out of this here: https://iconfilms.co.uk/cookie-policy/
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- You purchase products via the River Monsters merchandise store
- Identity and contact data from publicly available sources such as social media
- Employer or third-party references
How we use the personal data
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
Lawful Basis for Processing
|To fulfil a query, request for services and/or to administer our services||For the performance of contract or agreement|
|To maintain records of prospective, current and past clients and our suppliers||Our Legitimate Interests, which we have balanced with the interests of our clients,
suppliers and business contacts
|To contact you at your business email address about our services||Our Legitimate Interests, which we have balanced with the interests of our clients,
suppliers and business contacts
|To process a speculative or actual job application||For the performance of contract or agreement|
|To carry out our main business of film making.
Specifically, the use of a video and/or audio recording of you in a programme we produce.
|For the performance of contract or agreement (such as a release form)|
|Deliver goods that you have ordered via the River Monsters eCommerce site||For the performance of contract or agreement|
How we keep your personal data secure
Icon Films take the protection of your personal data very seriously and we take appropriate steps to ensure your personal data is stored in a secure environment to prevent any unauthorised access.
We may use external data service providers to process personal data on our behalf. When we do so we have appropriate agreements in place to protect the data. Any data transfers between external service providers and us are conducted by secure means. Where such service providers are located outside the UK, we endeavour to make sure, when required, that additional safeguard mechanisms (such as Standard Contractual Clauses) are in place.
How long we store your personal data for
We will only retain personal data for as long as is necessary for the purposes we are using it for. How long we retain data will vary depending on the purposes it is used for.
In the case of an eCommerce order, we keep your details for 2 years in case of repeat ordering.
After this time your details are deleted from our records. In some cases, such as with diversity data, we may anonymise it so it can no longer identify you as an individual.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
3rd Party Links
This website may include links to third-party websites. Clicking on those links may allow third parties to collect or share your data. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.