We are looking for a Senior Production Accountant to be responsible for the production finance management and budget reporting for all our productions and provide day to day financial support to the Production teams and the Finance department to ensure a fully integrated production finance function.
Icon Films is based in central Bristol and has circa 60 people currently working remotely and in the office, a mixture of staff and freelancers.
Remote working is an option for this role with a preference for at least 1 day in the office per week, subject to government guidelines.
We have a diverse output and a wide customer base, working across the factual cable networks in the US and the terrestrial channels in the UK, so knowledge of international production and working with both US and UK clients is highly desirable.
This is a pivotal role in a fast paced environment in a growing company. We need someone with an eye for detail and the tenacity to see projects and tasks through to resolution. This role will be working closely with the Commercial Director, Finance Manager, Production Managers and Director of Production.
The applicant must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a television Production Accountant with an accountant qualification and be experienced using PMI.
Applicants responsibilities will include:
- Management of the Junior Production Accountant, including supervising their day-to day role for accounts payable, allocation of productions under their responsibility and training in their role as and when required
- Regular reviews of Cost Reports including costs to complete and preparation of Final Cost reports for delivery to broadcasters and Icon final cost report analysis
- Management of recoverables, recharging and profitability analysis
- Management of production cash-flows
- Ensure expenses and petty cash are posted in a timely fashion
- Carry out monthly reconciliations of cost reports with accounting system
- Reconcile productions to trial balance and provide final cost report analysis to CEO and department Execs at the close of each production
- Company PMI super-user
- Providing training and support for PMI users across Icon Films, including SMT members and new users
- Set-up / Supervise the set-up of new cost managers as requested by commercial or production execs
- Liaise with production team to ensure broadcaster funding invoices are issues in a timely manner in line with milestone deliverables
- Review of aged debtors to resolve collectability issues
- Calculation and posting of monthly revenue recognition accrual and pre-payment journals
- Monitor timing of month end tasks and closing ledgers in PMI at the appropriate time, in order to meet reporting deadlines
- Review petty cash, credit card and top-up card aged creditors to ensure all open amounts are cleared
- Carry out ad hoc projects when required (e.g. budget checks for production execs, production spend analysis, recovery analysis, series comparisons)
- Provide summaries of Production profitability for monthly SMT production reports
- Dealing with production audits
- Regular meetings with PMs and with the Director of Production to build and maintain collaboration between Production and Finance
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Start Date Mid November 2020
Apply via The Talent Manager website: https://www.thetalentmanager.com/tv-jobs/37812/senior-production-accountant
or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org